The refinement of an early Renaissance château reflected in water.
The Château d’Azay-le-Rideau, built in the heart of the Touraine region during the reign of François I between Tours and Chinon, offers all the charm of the Renaissance. A 16th-century architectural masterpiece, it rises up from an island formed by the Indre river and is surrounded by a romantic 19th-century park that was restored in 2014. From 2015 to 2017, this remarkable monument of the Loire Valley is undergoing major restoration work on the façades, roofing and woodwork. The château will remain open to visitors during this time. The visitor experience has been enhanced and new display devices installed.
Highlights: Themed tours, space introducing the tour, explanatory boards, a glass passageway in the château’s attic for complete immersion in the framework, tactile models, etc. Not to be missed! The outstanding reconstruction of the Renaissance bedroom by Philippe Lesbahy and its unique 16th- and 19th-century collections. Designated world heritage site by UNESCO.
Information and reservation:
- Château azay-le-rideau Tarifs groupes pendant restauration FR
- Chateau azay-le-rideau Group rates 2015 during restoration works GB
- Manuel technique de vente (Fr)
- Manuel technique de vente (GB)
- Manuel technique de vente (Esp)
- Manuel technique de vente (It)
- Manuel technique de vente (D)
- Manuel technique de vente (Rus)
- Manuel technique de vente (Port)
- Manuel technique de vente (Jap)
- Manuel technique de vente (Chin)
- Prestigious visit (FR)
- Location de salles
- 3 castles visits : Azay-le-Rideau, Langeais and Villandry (FR)
Un jour, un monument
Chargée de développement
Centre des monuments nationaux
tel.: (33) (0)2 47 45 67 98
mobile: (33) (0)6 74 93 30 55
fax: (33) (0)2 47 45 26 61